Alitalia is Closing: Info on Refunds for Flights from October 15
As previously announced, Italian carrier Alitalia will stop ticket sales and flights as of October 15, which is the date that the new flagship carrier – Italia Trasporto Aereo (ITA) – will begin operations.
As a result, Alitalia is offering passengers holding an Alitalia ticket (055) for flights purchased on all Alitalia Markets:
– by and not after 24 August 2021;
– with a travel date from 15 October 2021;
– to/from any destination/origin worldwide;
that have been canceled, the forms of assistance and reimbursement below, of their choice:
– change of booking (rebooking or rerouting – or modification of the itinerary to reach the original destination or return to the point of origin of the trip), without fare integration, on a flight that can be used by the passenger, by 14 October 2021 (final date of return);
– change of destination with possible fare integration, to travel by 14 October 2021 (final date of return). There is no refund for differences in the fare.
Change of destination will only be possible:
– for tickets that are IN ITALY, for destinations that are IN ITALY;
– for tickets that are INTERNATIONAL, for destinations that are INTERNATIONAL.
To adjust or change the booking, passengers can phone the Call Center calling the toll-free number 800.65.00.55 from Italy, calling the number +39 06.65.649 from abroad or using the local numbers available on our website www.alitalia.com or alternatively contact the travel agency that issued the ticket.
If they are unable or not interested in rescheduling, passengers can request the full refund, without penalty, of the price at which the ticket was purchased or the residual value of the ticket for the journey not yet made. The request will be accepted and defined as soon as possible, in accordance with Regulation EC261/2004.
To request a full refund, passengers who have purchased tickets on the Alitalia website will be able to click on the link found in the cancellation notification message.
Press here for further information.