Santorini to Launch New Tourism Promotion Strategy for 2021
The Municipality of Thira (Santorini) is getting ready to launch a new tourism promotion program for 2021, aiming to promote the island’s brand identity and unique features to as many potential visitors as possible.
The municipality’s tourism committee recently approved the 2021 tourism promotion strategy, which will be carried out with the use of digital technology tools.
The new communication strategy will look to promote Santorini as a certified, safe destination, the municipality said in an announcement.
It will also focus on the efforts being made for the island’s transition to the digital era with emphasis on green energy.
The program has also taken into consideration the unprecedented circumstances that prevail in the global tourism market due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and the need to prepare for the post-Covid-19 era.
Santorini’s tourism promotion strategy for 2021 includes the following actions:
– Evaluation of Santorini as a tourism destination and research on traveler satisfaction rates
– Assignment of digital communication and marketing projects. The municipality’s plans include the upgrade of its portal www.santorini.gr and the launch of a digital tour guide.
– Implementation of a digital media plan focusing on international travelers
– A publicity and promotion campaign in Greek and foreign media
– Public relations and communication events in Greece and abroad
– Participation in international exhibitions including Milan’s Borsa Internationale del Tourismo, ITB Berlin, London’s World Travel Market, Philoxenia in Thessaloniki and Athens International Tourism Expo 2021
– Organization of events on thematic tourism
– Implementation of the program “Santorini, tourism all year round”.
“Despite the severe difficulties created by the Covid-19 pandemic, our responsibility, professionalism and spirit of solidarity has kept Santorini standing and enhanced its tourism image globally,” Thira Mayor Antonis Sigalas said.
The mayor underlined that the promotional program’s primary goal is to enhance Santorini’s tourism brand and promote its unique character with the use of digital technology.